Our vision for cloaked includes constant and easy access to all of our tools. To facilitate this, we’ve developed the following cloaked products to be with you wherever you are on whatever device you’re using. These include:
- Dashboard webapp - this is your home base. You can manually create cloaks, review all your cloaks, and check your settings from any web browser
- Browser extension - allows you to create cloaks within your daily workflow online. Currently only available for Chrome
- Mobile app (iOS and Android) - especially handy IRL when meeting someone new or when a cashier asks for a phone number to get a discount ?
Dashboard web app
Creating a cloak in the dashboard is manual (compared to the browser extension). However, these steps demonstrate clearly what cloaked does and how it works.
- Log into your cloaked account
- Click on “+ ADD NEW” found on the upper right-hand corner of the screen beside your username.
- Enter the name of the person or the website you are creating the cloak for, then click “Next”.
- Choose a category for the cloak you are creating, either for a person, a business, or an online account.
- If it’s an online account, enter the website you are creating an account for. This won’t be prompted if it’s for either a person or a business. Then click on “start cloak”.
- Voila! Your cloak is created. You can use the credentials generated to create your online account, or share the credentials with the person or business that you want to use it with. If you want to add a cloaked phone number simply click on the “ADD PHONE NUMBER”.
- Then, you can adjust forwarding settings. For example, if you want to stay in the loop, you can have all emails from that company or person be forwarded to your recovery email (i.e., personal email), or you can also choose to mute the cloak if you expect the cloak to send in a lot of unwanted emails (marketing/spam emails).
- Ta-da! You just created a cloak.